Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday ~ Welcome to the World!

Welcome to the world:

My tiramisu!

Born: Friday night
Weight: Oh, I'll probably gain about a pound.
Length: An inch or pants size at least.

 Making tiramisu might be old hat for someone more culinary than myself, but being someone with less than a baker's thumb, this was a pretty big deal for me!


Also note worthy...not only did I make this tiramisu myself, I also made the ladyfingers from scratch as well. Yes. Thank you.


She's a beaut. But I'm dreadfully nervous that she won't be liked, as I've actually never really had real tiramisu before, so I was unsure on some of the finer details of how it was supposed to be layered. More ladyfingers? Less cream? Hmm...I guess I'll have to wait to see it's success or failure until tonight, when she is laid up on the table of feasting and (hopefully) consumed.

2 comments:

  1. Kellie, it looks so good! Simply beautiful. I want this! Was it very difficult? I would love to taste it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, Brea, it was quite easy!! The only difficulty was the beating of the eggs - first beating the whites to a certain stiffness, then the yokes to a certain stiffness, etc. Having my little sister's extra pair of hands was a beaut, I tend to spazz when I'm pressured in baking. =) But if *I* can do it, anyone can! Try it!! If you guys like coffee (and I KNOW you do!) you'll like this alot. =)

      Delete

Oooh, you're about to comment! How exciting! Know that you are SO MUCH MORE than just a name and a comment to me - you're a person I'd like to get to know! Make sure you check back, as I reply to each comment. I love getting to talk/correspond with each of you!