Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thursday ~ Birthday Eve S'mores

One of my favorite institutions of our family is the celebration of "birthday eve." The night before someone's birthday, we'll have some kind of treat and often pop on a movie and watch it all together. It's a simple thing to do, but it's one of those things that I've seen bring my already super close family even closer. Birthday Eve's are a forever tradition in my book.

We actually had a conglomeration of treats this time: leftover cheesecake, homemade apple dumplings, and a "private showing" of s'mores. By happenstance, Katheryn (who's birthday it is tomorrow!), Stuart and I were left home for the evening by ourselves and I decided to bust out some of my s'mores supplies. And the way I do s'mores....is forget the Hershey chocolate - I use Reeses! (Brea: and that's Rees-ehz **wink**)






6 comments:

  1. Wow, I think S'mores will never ever be the same again for me!
    Birthday eve is a fantastic idea, I just might have to adopt it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Kellie! The ongoing debate! Those look especially delicious though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo...these look marvelous. I'll have to try them. :) Thanks for sharing. :)
    ♥ Emily
    emilytheindustrious.blogspot.com
    pinterest.com/herkindlife

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the idea of Birthday Eve's! SO cool!!!

    I've awarded you btw!
    http://insunshineandshadowsmew.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I am totally trying this!!!! I LOVE Reeses, why did I never think of this?? Love your bloggy, found you through Scribbles and Such blog. Loved your about me page and found myself ticking off most of your likes, in "like" fashion hahaha :)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I meant your "favorite things" page, not that I didn't like your about me page. haha aghh!!

      Delete

Oooh, you're about to comment! How exciting! Know that you are SO MUCH MORE than just a name and a comment to me - you're a person I'd like to get to know! Make sure you check back, as I reply to each comment. I love getting to talk/correspond with each of you!