Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tuesday ~ Starbucks Tuesday Link-Up

It's a hap-hap-happy Tuesday here in my illustrious little office! I was a little slow getting out of bed, due to having less sleep because of a little bed-fellow part of the night. My niece (3 yrs) and nephie (1.5 yrs) spent the last two nights with us, and Little B's pallet bed was set up next to "auntie Kellie's" bed. As I tried to go to sleep, I'd hear the rustling of her blankets and then a small face was appear inches in front of mine, intently studying me to see if I was awake and then quietly whispering some question or random observation. But then after all the lights went out and our room went into total darkness, the high-pitched tones of "Auntie, I'm scared!" was too much for me and back went my covers and in she came. Sleep's arrival took a little bit longer, but I really didn't mind. I woke up sometime later with Little B fast asleep in the middle of my twin bed and me hanging off the side. After she was softly deposited back into her own bed, I was able to fully fall fast asleep. But it was one of my favorite falling asleep experiences to date. :)

Two years ago, a certain drink was a fall favorite of mine, but last year, I decided that I didn't really like it much. In order to be fair, I decided to give it another try this morning. The drink?

Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino


Sadly, my opinion on the Pumpkin Spice still stands. The combination of pumpkin and coffee in one mouthful leaves an unpleasant taste on the mouth. But then, once again, I have to give my disclaimer of not being a strong coffee flavor fan, so it could just be me. Now, if they'd made this more of a Pumpkin-n-Cream kind of bev, then that would be a whole 'nuther story! 


It was pretty, though! And maybe if I'd asked for the whip cream blended in, it would have been more creamy and pie-ish? Maybe I'll try like that....next year. :)


Okay, it's a Starbucks Tuesday Link-Up, so if you want to join me for a cup o' joe (or tea!), go right on ahead!


Here's how:
1. Post about any specialty beverage that you had today or this week.
2. Include a picture or two! Phone pictures not only accepted but almost expected. *grin*
3. I’d be delighted if you’d include the new “Starbucks Tuesday Link-up” picture seen above, but it is by far not required to join me!
4. Once you’ve posted your drink, hop back on over here to my blog. See the little “Simply Linked” gizmo down on the bottom of this post? Fill that baby out!
5. Hit “submit” and watch me jump up and wave as I see you walk through the door!



7 comments:

  1. Puppies and kids will get me every-time, when they pop their little heads up over my bed and give me the look, I just can't stand it and let them snuggle up! ;-)
    You can get the pumpkin spice frap without the coffee, just ask for a pumpkin spice cream frap and voila, no coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KatySue-gral, you're a genius! If I'd know about the cream frap thing, I'd have been all there! :)

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy the seasonal flavors and though I've not had this one yet this year, my mom had it and I think I've had it in the past. As I remember, it's tasty. :) Sorry you didn't care for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! =D Loved seeing your pretty face with one of my favorite drinks. ;) Sorry you didn't enjoy it--one slight difference between us is that you're not a huge strong coffee person.
    My POV--barely-there milk & make it passably sweet & I'm happy as a lark! =D
    Pumpkin Spice in any form is wonderful to me!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rats! I had a delicious eggnog latte this afternoon and completely forgot about your Starbucks Tuesday posts! I would have totally linked up with photos and everything! Next time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last year I accidentally ordered the pumpkin spice frap WITH coffee and you're right, it was nasty. But then, I abhor coffee. This year I had it without coffee and I must not have really been in the mood for it because it was just ok. The salted caramel frap without coffee on the other hand is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I forgot I was going to say the comment about Little B in the middle of the bed and you hanging onto the edge made me do a Kellie laugh. Don't ask me what a Kellie laugh is, but I felt like you when I did it.

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, you're about to comment! How exciting! Know that you are SO MUCH MORE than just a name and a comment to me - you're a person I'd like to get to know! Make sure you check back, as I reply to each comment. I love getting to talk/correspond with each of you!