1) What's your favorite thing to do when you've been feeling uninspired?
I usually always default to reading a book. But I do that all the time, not just when I feel uninspired. But I've also found delicious escapism in watching some favored shows, three of which shall be revealed (to no surprise) in the next question.
2) Tell us about a really great movie/show that you've just discovered.
In the past 6 months, I’ve become a hopeless fangirl for Doctor Who, Merlin and now Once Upon a Time…but I think out of the three so far…Merlin trumps. :)
3) What do you like to do to change your mood?
Go outside into the golden hour around sunset and just “soak” in beauty. Walking around our property at this time of day always brings back so many memories of good times and wonderful people that I always come inside feeling perhaps still melancholy, but so, so blessed. I have also found that exercising goes a long way in improving my mood, too! Yes, I know. That's so unlike me, but 'tis true, 'tis true.
4) Your favorite drink is currently...
I still have my hankerings for large root beers from Sonic…Barq’s tastes so much better out of a big cup with a red straw especially when you can get it for free. :)
5) When you hear the word exuberant, what's the first word that comes to mind?
Not a word but a picture: of a girl throwing up her arms, looking up into the sky with a huge smile and just laughing joyously.
6) What made you smile last?
My bestie Anna’s text about me visiting her this year!
7) What five songs would make a playlist to describe your week?
Since I’ve been sick all this past week, it would probably have to be songs about bumming in bed all day long, watching movies, not wearing any make-up, and pain-killers (in appropriate doses, of course. ;) But if I’d had to choose what songs to listen to during my sabbatical in bed…I might have chosen:
1) Never Alone or Dancing with You by Jesse Bonanno
2) Someday by Chloe Agnew
3) The Call by Regina Spektor
4) I Won’t Give Up by Jason Mraz
5) Send Me a Song by Lisa (Celtic Woman)
8) What's at the top of your creative 'To-Do' list?
As silly as it might sound...I need to go through my sock drawer, throw away the sad socks that have lost their partners and reunite the ones that got lost from each other. And also take out all that other stuff that just somehow got shoved into my sock drawer...
9) The last thing you crossed off the above list was...
A frock coat that became the nightmare of my sewing life.
10) Quickly - the first movie quote from the top of your head, please!
Two come to mind: first flashed into my mind Peter saying “best of badgers” from Prince Caspian (since I like that phrase; seriously say it, it rolls of the tongue so magically) and then Miss Ruby Pratt saying “What is one to do…when there is nothing to be done?” from Lark Rise to Candleford S2.
11) The best thing about January is...
That it’s only two more months until my birthday, of course!!
12) The worst thing about January is...
That it’s the farthest point of the year away from all the other wonderful things I anticipate each year (my March birthday, family vacations, more barn dances, the summer hols, fall, and the holidays!)
13) What's your #1 resolution for 2013?
Didn’t make any resolutions actually, not that type anymore…but I did make a bunch of “wishes” for the year – one of which includes going to Europe, which I highly doubt will happen this year. But that’s the great thing about wishes. :)
14) And lastly, share a quote or verse that you've found especially inspiring lately.
(which unsurprisingly comes from Pinterest!)