Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday ~ Starbucks Tuesday (Smoothie Edition)

Happy Starbucks Tuesday, me hearties! Okay, not sure where "me hearties" just came from, but since the world geareth up for Valentine's Day, I'll leave it in honor of that upcoming romantic event. ;)

Today I broke the mold. I know that celebrating Starbucks Tuesday usually indicates that I went to Starbucks, but frankly....this morning I was just not in the coffee mood. Still being a little drained from being sick all last week, something more cool and refreshing sounded nice. So, I took a little detour on my way to work and stopped by our local Jamba Juice, which for those who've not heard of Jamba Juice before, is a smoothie chain that makes really good smoothies. A perk of Jamba is that it's not as busy as Starbucks usually is and I was able to walk right up to the counter and order...since I was the only one in there at the time. A couple guys came in later and one came on stood near me while I was waiting for my smoothie to be ready. It was slightly awkward because 1) he was cute (yah, just gonna admit it!) and 2) he kept talking and I couldn't tell if he was talking to me or not, since I can't hear out of my right ear, thanks to an ear infection gone bad last week. Well, unless you call magnified pitch, constant echo and non-stop high-pitched ringing hearing...which I certainly don't. Anyways, I decided he was talking on the phone, a fact which I hope I was right, because otherwise I came across as hopelessly rude. But I digress...back to smoothies.

So, sitting here in my office listening to Jesse Bonanno's album "Turn It Up", I've been sippin' on Jamba's old faithful, none other than the:



You really just can't go wrong with this baby - strawberries, bananas, berry juice and orange sherbert, oh my!


And the power-size cup is huge...I definitely got my hydration in for the morning! If you've got a Jamba Juice in your area but have never gone, you might thank me if you do. :)


Just a reminder to all you coffee-lovin', smoothie-drinkin', and tea guzzlin' friends out there...

Next Tuesday:
Starbucks Tuesday Link-Up
February 5, 2013
Here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay, I went to Jamba Juice a couple times when I was in the States 1 and 1/2 year ago... and I loved it ! I wish it would - Starbucks did - come to France ;-)
    And on a totally unrelated note, I'm also wearing a yellow striped t-shirt today !
    Have a blessed day !
    Marie
    http://lescrapdemarie.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie: Phew, well at least you have the necessities in France like Starbucks! ;) Isn't yellow such a refreshing, happy color to wear?? :)

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, you're about to comment! How exciting! Know that you are SO MUCH MORE than just a name and a comment to me - you're a person I'd like to get to know! Make sure you check back, as I reply to each comment. I love getting to talk/correspond with each of you!