Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sad.

Some days the rain just has to fall. Some days all you can listen to is sad music. Some days were just meant for sad. Calm, quiet sad. Not because you've lost something. Not because something is gone. But maybe...because it never came? I believe that grief is part of life, an important part, and grief must not be stuffed, but rather allowed to be felt for an appropriate time. Repressed grief often becomes suppressed bitterness. Expressing and feeling grief does not mean despare or discontent towards the lot God has given, but rather an acknowledgement that we are weak creatures in need of heavenly help.

"Casting all your cares upon Him, because He cares for you."

1 comment:

  1. I like this. It's simple yet packed with truth. Glad it read it, thanks my sister :)

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, you're about to comment! How exciting! Know that you are SO MUCH MORE than just a name and a comment to me - you're a person I'd like to get to know! Make sure you check back, as I reply to each comment. I love getting to talk/correspond with each of you!