Monday, February 27, 2012

My Almond Blossom Promise

Well, I've established the fact that I love almond blossoms and everything about them - their beauty, their simplicity, their heavenly smell, their soft feel. But there's another reason that I love almond blossoms, and that's because they are part of a biblical promise. I stumbled on this passage earlier last year, and it has become a very precious verse to me. I think the Lord put it there just for me, and He put me in almond country and gave me a love for almond blossoms, just so that His Word spoken to me in this passage would be that much dearer.


The passage is found in Jeremiah chapter 1. In it, the Lord has spoken to Jeremiah and given him the task of wha,t to Jeremiah, seems impossible. Jeremiah, in his fear, or perhaps, disbelief, asks God how. The Lord's response?  


"And the word of the Lord came to me "Jeremiah, what do you see" And I said "I see an almond branch." Then the Lord said to me, "You have seen well, for I am watching over my word to perform it."



The almond branch (and I always picture as a branch in full blossom) is a sign that what seems impossible, God can do. Where God sends, He equips. He never sends us into any situation without the assurance that He will do what He says He will do. That which God has said, that will He surely do.

For me it's been the revival of my soul. And it's precious to me that, after praying for a changed heart for months, even a few years, that it's been during this blossom season that the Lord has opened the door for me to attend a particular Bible study, a study which has hit my heart in the exact places I've needed it. Right where God knew I needed it. At exactly the right time. In exactly the right season.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh, you're about to comment! How exciting! Know that you are SO MUCH MORE than just a name and a comment to me - you're a person I'd like to get to know! Make sure you check back, as I reply to each comment. I love getting to talk/correspond with each of you!