Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday ~ Mom's Pinterest-y Birthday

My mom's birthday was actually last week, but due to conflicting schedules and circumstances, we are celebrating it tonight. See the brown paper packages tied up with string? This is my all-time favorite way of wrapping gifts. It's so...magical, somehow. Or maybe I just love Sound of Music. ;) Either way, I love the paper-string look, but this time, thanks to something I saw on the fountain of all creativity (ie. Pinterest), I added buttons to them. Makes them even cuter, doncha thing? I do. :)


I was so tickled by the outcome of my packages that I wanted to "show-case" them here on the blog, but when I ran to grab the camera, Mom had taken it somewhere with her. So, it's phone pictures again. :)

Inspired by my awesome friend Brea, who first tutorial-ed on how to make a "Book of Notes," I decided to make one for my mom. It's a hand-made little book, with a page for each family member to write a note of appreciation for my mom. It took a little while and I had to call on my way-more-craftier-than-me younger sister for design inspiration, but here's the end results and I'm very pleased with it. And I know my mom will be, too. My mom is the most amazing woman I know, who has set an example for us children all her life. She is my role model, my confidant, my best friend, my prayer warrior and prayer partner. I hope to be just like her someday.

Happy birthday, Mom! I love you. :)

1 comment:

  1. LIKE LIKE LIKE! Oh Pinterest....what would we do without it? :)

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, you're about to comment! How exciting! Know that you are SO MUCH MORE than just a name and a comment to me - you're a person I'd like to get to know! Make sure you check back, as I reply to each comment. I love getting to talk/correspond with each of you!