Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday #2 - Monday Movie Quotes

Several weeks ago, my blog-friend Micah over at In Sunshine & Shadows (if you don't follow her, then you should!) began these super-fun Monday Movie Quotes posts. And then someone (not mentioning any names, but I'm looking right at myself) had the brilliant idea of why not make them link-ups, since seriously, everyone quotes movies all the time! And so, she did, here I am, and the rest is history!


I couldn't possible do my first Monday Movie Quotes without paying tribute to my family's most quoted movie - Muppet Treasure Island. I could post the ENTIRE movie script as my quote, since I honestly think between the lot of us, we could easily and without sweat quote/reenact the entire thing, including every word, facial expression and background sound effect during each and every song.


Today's Quote:

"You wanna run that be my again here in English, Mr. Bones?" 
~ Rizzo the Rat

This quote is used whenever someone says something too fast, too mumbled or is laughing so hard we can't understand what they're saying. Which happens a lot in my family.

If you've not seen this movie, do yourself a favor and watch it. 
And....the Jim Hawkins in this may or may not have been one of my first big movie crushes. 
*wink*



(I don't normally post twice in a day, but I couldn't miss out on this!)

8 comments:

  1. LOVE it Kellie!!!! :D Love the movie, and the quote, and your brilliant idea! :) Thanks for linking up girlie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm not Jimmy-Jim-Jimmy-Jim-Jim-Jim! He's Jimmy-Jim-Jimmy-Jim-Jim-Jim!" - The main quote I remember from that movie. :) Wow. It's been a while since I've seen it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micah: Hehe, well, like I said...EVERYBODY quotes movies and loves talking about their favorite quotes! It's fun to read everyone's quotes, whether through link-ups or comments! :D

    Kerry: Haha! I almost did the Jimmy-Jim line, actually! Such a classic quoter, huh? You should watch it again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this since college, when I had a friend who was very in love with Muppets. I'll have to get it from the library when my kids are a bit older!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this movie so much. Blind Pew was THE biggest terror of my childhood. Number 1. And now he's one of my favorite characters. "I sink I smell somesing burning, no?" We quote this movie ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hamlette, it's such a funny movie, I'm sure your kids would love it!

    Alexandra, that's one of the quotes I'll even hear my dad saying!! Although the crowning moment was the time I heard my mom use a Muppet Treasure Island quote - that was the mark of true and total movie infiltration! I always love finding another MTI quoter!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Movie quotes are huge with my family and my husband. So I'm sure I will enjoy these posts on Mondays :)
    Oh and I stop remember the moment you and I were teaching and we both realized that we loved Muppet Treasure Island, instant connection! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Brea! What a moment of bonding! Those poor kids were probably like "huh???" while we're rattling off MTI quotes! We were a wicked team, you and I. :)

      Delete

Oooh, you're about to comment! How exciting! Know that you are SO MUCH MORE than just a name and a comment to me - you're a person I'd like to get to know! Make sure you check back, as I reply to each comment. I love getting to talk/correspond with each of you!